Unusual noises, reduced wiper function, or a defect in the wiper arm can occur with more than 535,000 Volvo XC60 models worldwide.
According to a Volvo Car Germany GmbH spokesperson, the recall with the internal code “R10044” concerns vehicles manufactured between 20 May 2017 to 25 May 2020. Almost 44,000 of them are registered in Germany.
“In very rare cases, the fastening nut of the windscreen wiper arm did not have to be tightened with the intended torque during the production,” confirmed the spokesperson for the German website kfz-rueckrufe.de.
According to him, the remedy in an authorized service center is therefore done quickly and will consist only in checking and, if necessary, tightening the fastening nut of the wiper arm.
Volvo has recently had several recalls for hundreds of thousands of its models – see the links below.
- Volvo to recall another 370,000 cars. There is a risk of fire due to overheating
- Volvo to recall 2,2 million cars over seatbelt problem
- 9 Volvo models do not recognize the obstacle and may crash into it (week 16/20)
- Volvo to recall 736 000 vehicles due to a brake assist problem
- Volvo to recall over 500,000 cars due to a possible intake manifold fire
- Check recalls by VIN
- Weekly Recalls Overviews