Ford recalls 27,318 Ford Mustang Mach-E electric vehicles worldwide. The reason is a not sufficiently bonded panoramic glass roof.
The affected vehicles were manufactured in 2020 and 2021. A Ford authorized dealership will apply urethane adhesive between the body and the sunroof. The internal code of this recall is “21S42“; the German KBA is tracking it under the reference number “011188”.
If you are buying a new or used car, think twice about whether you really need a sunroof. Volkswagen recently recalled the Polo because of its possible dropout, and we wrote about other problems with this part of the car three years ago in Do you have a panoramic sunroof? You might have a problem… You can find some more recent recalls on our site under the bodywork tag or by searching for the term sunroof.
- Ford Kuga PHEV: The battery can overheat. 28,000 plug-in-hybrids in fire risk
- Ford recalls seven models from the years 2009-2016 due to the clutch pressure plate
- Ford recalls Mondeo, Galaxy, S-Max and Ka+ due to fire risk around the battery (week 33/19)
- Ford Focus with faulty seat belts, side window may fall out with Skoda Octavia (week 44/19)
- Ford’s EcoBoost 1.6 engines prone to cylinder head cracking – 22 recalls in February 2018
- Weekly Overviews