Reliability according to ADAC
The ADAC breakdown statistics determine which cars are the most reliable and which have broken down most – a good help when buying a used car.
In the statistics for 2020, all the 3,756,226 breakdowns for which the German Yellow Angels had to move out in 2019 were recorded and evaluated. For a total of 113 models of 25 brands, there is enough data available that gives an objective picture of the reliability of the models.
We have sorted the available data by brand and model. Choose the carmaker you are interested in.
Reliability by Make
Vehicle reliability according to TÜV Report
The ranking of car reliability according to the German organization TÜV is also a good guide when buying a used car. The TÜV Report includes the results of almost 9 million technical inspections in Germany. In addition to the percentage of failed attempts, it also monitors the average mileage. It says nothing about the care and maintenance that owners give to their cars. We have added a link to known recalls for each evaluated car.
- TÜV Report 2021 Index
- TÜV 2021 (2 – 3 years) – Year of production 2017 and 2018
- TÜV 2021 (4 – 5 years) – Year of production 2015 and 2016
- TÜV 2021 (6 – 7 years) – Year of production 2013 and 2014
- TÜV 2021 (8 – 9 years) – Year of production 2011 and 2012
- TÜV 2021 (10 – 11 years) – Year of production 2009 and 2010