This week recalls:
– BMW 3 Series (E46) – airbags
– Hyundai Genesis, Porsche Macan – fire risk
– Mercedes X-Class – canopy window
– Toyota Prius – hybrid system
Five recalls for five models of five manufacturers were announced via Rapex in the 40th week of 2021.
- Isn’t that your car? See also the recent recalls of other makes.
The recall for older BMW 3 Series models, which we wrote about almost two years ago in our article BMW recalls older 3 Series (E46) and 5 Series (E39) for airbag inflator and which dates back to 2017, has reappeared in the EU Rapex system. This time the cars in question were built between October 1997 and July 2000, and the announcing country is France. According to the protocol of the German Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA 009481), 757,145 vehicles should have been checked in all the actions announced so far. As a BMW spokesman has previously stated (see a link to the article above), the manufacturer expects that only a small proportion of them, a maximum of 20 per cent, will have to have their airbags replaced.
Hyundai and Porsche have reported fire risks through Rapex for some of their models. With the Toyota Prius, the hybrid system may shut down unexpectedly, and in the case of the Mercedes X-Class, the hardtop’s rear window may crack.
Details on this week’s recalls can be found in the table below.
- Worse than BMW drivers? Hyundai and Kia turn signals flashing in the opposite direction!
- 10 most reliable cars according to the Driver Power 2021
- 16 least reliable cars according to ADAC (2021)
- How satisfied are you with your car? Let us know! It’s anonymous, no registration required. Would you recommend your car to a friend?
- Post an Owners’ Review Now
Recalls announced in the 40th week of 2021
|Make, Model (years)||Problem|
|BMW 3 Series / E46 (1997 – 2000)||The vehicles affected may have been fitted with Takata non-azide driver inflator (NADI) gas generators.|
|Hyundai Genesis (2013 – 2020)||A short circuit in the hydraulic electronic control unit (HECU) housing may occur.|
|Mercedes-Benz X-Class (2017 – 2020)||The rear window on the canopy could break.|
|Porsche Macan (2013 – 2018)||Damage to the fuel inlet connector may occur and lead to fuel leakage, increasing the risk of fire.|
|Toyota Prius (2021)||The hybrid system may shut down. This could result in a loss of power.|