This week recalls:
– Dacia Sandero – fuel leakage, fire risk
– Volkswagen Golf, Passat – airbag Takata
Two recalls for three models of two manufacturers were announced via Rapex in the 42nd week of 2021.
- Isn’t that your car? See also the recent recalls of other makes.
With more than 20,000 Dacia Sandero hatchbacks with B4D*419 engines, the high-pressure fuel system may be defective. Vehicles manufactured between February 2020 and September 2021 may leak fuel, increasing the risk of fire.
Dacia last recalled the Sandero in May this year because of a faulty bonnet latch. With nearly 25,000 cars produced between 2 September 2020 and 13 January 2021, the bonnet could open while driving, possibly leading to an accident.
More recalls of the Dacia Sandero
Volkswagen renews recall for older Golf and Passat models due to Takata airbags. Driver airbag gas generators manufactured between 1997 and 1999 may be defective. However, VW says it used these inflators exclusively in vehicles with a wooden steering wheel rim (at that time, an equipment option). The original 2020 recall, coded 69AR, covered 4,127 1997-1999 cars; the newly announced 69CO adds 768 more vehicles built in 2000 to the list.
Volkswagen is also planning a recall that has not yet appeared in the Rapex system, but which we write about in the article: The VW Touareg may have a problem with the tailgate. We also write about another (old) new problem here: Volkswagen has problems with brake pedals again, while Hyundai with airbags (week 39/21).
Details on this week’s recalls can be found in the table below.
- Hyundai and Kia turn signals flashing in the opposite direction!
- 10 most reliable cars according to the Driver Power 2021
- 16 least reliable cars according to ADAC (2021)
- How satisfied are you with your car? Let us know! It’s anonymous, no registration required. Would you recommend your car to a friend?
- Post an Owners’ Review Now
Recalls announced in the 42nd week of 2021
|Make, Model (years)||Problem|
|Dacia Sandero (2020 – 2021)||The high-pressure fuel system may be defective.|
|Volkswagen Golf (1997 – 2000)||In the event of an accident the restraining effect of the deployed NADI driver airbag might not always be fully guaranteed.|
|Volkswagen Passat (1997 – 2000)||In the event of an accident the restraining effect of the deployed NADI driver airbag might not always be fully guaranteed.|